Here, you will find links to relevant reports and guidance documents.
Company Law/Corporate Governance Reports
- FRC Annual Review of Corporate Governance and Reporting.
- Audit Committees: Combined Code Guidance (Smith Report) (January 2003).
- Directors’ Remuneration: Report of a Study Group Chaired by Sir Richard Greenbury (Greenbury Report) (July 1995).
- Final Report of the Committee on Corporate Governance (Hampel Report) (January 1998).
- FRC Audit Firm Governance Code (July 2016).
- Grant Thornton’s 2018 Corporate Governance Review (previous reviews can be found at Grant Thornton’s website).
- Improving Gender Balance in FTSE Leadership (the Hampton-Alexander Review). The November 2018 update is available here.
- Independent Review of the Financial Reporting Council (Kingman Review) (December 2018).
- Institutional Investment in the United Kingdom: A Review (Myners Review) (March 2001).
- Internal Control: Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code (Turnbull Report) (September 1999).
- Kay Review of Equity Markets and Long-Term Decision Making (July 2012).
- Report of the Committee on the Financial Aspects of Corporate Governance (Cadbury Report) (December 1992).
- Report Into the Ethnic Diversity of UK Boards (the Parker Review) (October 2017).
- Review of Corporate Governance in UK Banks and Other Financial Industry Entities: Final Recommendations (Walker Review) (November 2009).
- Review of the Role and Effectiveness of Non-Executive Directors (Higgs Report) (January 2003).
- Quality and Effectiveness of Audit (Brydon Review) (December 2019).
- Tyson Report on the Recruitment and Development of Non-Executive Directors (June 2003).
- Women on Boards Reports.
- FRC, ‘Guidance on Audit Committees‘ (July 2016).
- FRC, ‘Guidance on Auditor Liability Limitation Agreements‘ (June 2008).
- FRC, ‘Guidance on Board Effectiveness’ (July 2018).
- FRC, ‘Guidance on Risk Management, Internal Control and Related Financial and Business Reporting‘ (September 2014).
- FRC, ‘Guidance on the Strategic Report‘ (July 2018).
- FRC, ‘Guidance on What Constitutes an Explanation Under Comply or Explain‘ (February 2012).
- GC 100, ‘Guidance on Directors’ Duties: Section 172 and Stakeholder Considerations‘ (October 2018).
- GC 100 and Investor Group, ‘Directors’ Remuneration Reporting Guidance 2018‘ (December 2018).