Here, you will find links to the key company law and corporate governance codes, reports, and guidance.
Corporate Governance Codes and Principles
- The UK Corporate Governance Code (July 2018).
- The UK Stewardship Code (September 2012).
- Code of Conduct of the Remuneration Consultants Group.
Prior versions of some of the above Codes can be found by clicking here.
- G20/OECD Principles of Corporate Governance (November 2015).
- OECD Corporate Governance Factbook 2017.
- United Nations Guidance on Good Practices in Corporate Governance Disclosure (2006).
- United Nations Principles for Responsible Investment.
- CalPERS Global Governance Principles (March 2016).
Company Law/Corporate Governance Reports
- Audit Committees: Combined Code Guidance (Smith Report).
- Developments in Corporate Governance reports by the FRC.
- Directors’ Remuneration: Report of a Study Group Chaired by Sir Richard Greenbury (Greenbury Report).
- Final Report of the Committee on Corporate Governance (Hampel Report).
- FRC Audit Firm Governance Code.
- FRC Guidance on Audit Committees.
- FRC Guidance on Board Effectiveness (July 2018).
- FRC Guidance on Risk Management, Internal Control and Related Financial and Business Reporting.
- FRC Guidance on What Constitutes an Explanation Under Comply or Explain.
- FRC on the UK Approach to Corporate Governance.
- Grant Thornton’s 2016 Corporate Governance Review (previous reviews can be found at Grant Thornton’s website).
- Improving Gender Balance in FTSE Leadership (the Hampton-Alexander Review).
- Institutional Investment in the United Kingdom: A Review (Myners Review).
- Internal Control: Guidance for Directors on the Combined Code (Turnbull Report).
- Kay Review of Equity Markets and Long-Term Decision Making.
- Report of the Committee on the Financial Aspects of Corporate Governance (Cadbury Report).
- Report Into the Ethnic Diversity of UK Boards (the Parker Review).
- Review of Corporate Governance in UK Banks and Other Financial Industry Entities: Final Recommendations (Walker Review).
- Review of the Role and Effectiveness of Non-Executive Directors (Higgs Report).
- Tyson Report on the Recruitment and Development of Non-Executive Directors.
- Women on Boards Reports.